We’re hiring a Data Scientist, Telematics in Columbus, OH
- Improving our telematics algorithms:
- inferring brakes, turns, and distracted driving from sensor data / distinguishing driver from passenger and other modes of transit / other new and interesting features predictive of driving risk
- Identifying, evaluating, and productionizing new data sources (e.g. geospatial data, web scraping, cell phone sensors)
- Building anomoly detection models to determine unexpected trends in data, issues with data quality, etc.
- Strong programming skills, especially Python and R
- Advanced background in signal processing, including sensor data, time series methods, filtering, etc.
- Experience with at least some of the following: geospatial data tools, web scraping, merging with large external data sources
- Demonstrated experience in building, validating, and leveraging machine learning models
- 2+ years of industry experience building predictive models OR graduate-level research in a relevant area to telematics
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in mathematics, physical sciences, engineering, or other technical discipline
- Experience with sensor fusion, in particular using mobile sensor data and corresponding APIs (e.g. iOS core motion/location)
- 3+ years of industry experience building predictive models
- Experience using big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark) and cloud computing (AWS preferred)
- Experience with version control (git/GitHub preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of physics, linear algebra, probability/statistics
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
- Android Telematics Engineer
- Director of Engineering - Mobile Telematics
- Engineering Lead - Mobile Telematics
- iOS Telematics Engineer
- Mid-Level Software Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer
Corporate Dev & Strategy
- Data Analyst, Performance Marketing
- Director, Communications and Media Relations
- Director, Customer Insights & Analytics
- SEO/SEM Manager
If you’d like to be a part of what we are building but don’t see an opening that suits you, email us at [email protected].