What you'll be doing.
- Complete several complex accounting transactions and processes, specifically related to reinsurance
- Leads initiatives for the implementation of involuntary assumed programs
- Engage in the preparation of reinsurance month/quarter/year-end GAAP and Statutory reporting
- Learn detailed contract analysis to ensure reinsurance treaties are adhered to
- Works with multiple business partners on the Reinsurance, Actuarial, Product, and Claims Teams to ensure direct and ceded transactions are recorded correctly
- Utilizes technology and data analysis skills to enhance and improve the delivery of job responsibilities
- Continually develops, expands, and improves month-end close and financial reporting procedures by assisting in the development of building an in-house reinsurance system
- Support the effectiveness of the internal controls over the financial reporting process
- Take part in various ad hoc projects and analysis as required
What we’re looking for.
- 2-3 years insurance background with reinsurance accounting experience and a bachelors degree in accounting or finance
- Preferably with experience in property and casualty insurance accounting and reporting.
- Has or is actively pursuing a CPA, CPCU, ARe, or AIAF designation(s) or other financial certification
- GAAP & statutory insurance accounting knowledge
- Experience driving multiple projects simultaneously, with an ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Independently analytical & curious in nature
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products and data analysis tools
- Strong writing skills and succinctly communicates with a wide range of audiences
- Self-starter, with strong interpersonal, teamwork, analytical and partnering skills
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
6 open positions
10 open positions
2 open positions
20 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
12 open positions
11 open positions
11 open positions
13 open positions
1 open position
5 open positions
6 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
3 open positions
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.