What you’ll be doing
- You will hire, lead and grow the product team tasked with unlocking and scaling Root’s differentiated distribution channels through partnerships and product innovation.
- You will set the vision for how customers find and engage with Root where they are.
- You will lead Root’s industry-leading technology innovation efforts to connect customers with the right offer based on their needs, and embed insurance as an integrated API layer into the products, distribution channels, and as a technology layer that plugs directly into customers’ lives.
- Your team will lead the systems and programs that enable partners ranging from marketing affiliates to independent agents, and develop the technology and customer experiences that will scale one of Root’s fastest-growing acquisition channels.
- The ideal candidate has strong organizational leadership experience and an analytical mindset to organize and lead a complex product portfolio spanning different external stakeholders, and well-honed product instincts to identify opportunities to apply technology and customer-centricity to deliver industry-wide innovation.
- You have a consistent track record of successfully taking end-to-end business ownership, and building trust through open and clear written and verbal communication.
- This role requires an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to lead effectively across functions.
What we’re looking for
- BA/BS in a STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) field or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years technology industry experience in a product management or related capacity
- 3+ years experience hiring and leading product managers and leaders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills demonstrated across executive and cross-functional audiences
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to validate assumptions, recommendations, and decisions
- Demonstrated experience leading external partnership collaborations that have yielded tangible results
- Experience leading technology and data science-driven products such as AI/ML, external API development, and complex technology architectures
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
6 open positions
4 open positions
12 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
8 open positions
5 open positions
11 open positions
3 open positions
10 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.