What you'll be doing.
- Manages a team of Auto Damage Appraisers who work together to write repair estimates, prepares salvage vehicles, coordinate rental reimbursements, and consistently make prompt and courteous contact with every customer
- Recommends potential product developments and process improvements
- Interacts and communicates effectively with customers, peers, vendors and managers
- Engages in learning opportunities to build knowledge of personal auto claims, court decisions impacting the claims function, current guidelines in claims function, and policy changes
- Establishes the infrastructure necessary to detect, investigate and prevent violations of company’s claim handling guidelines, both internally and externally
- Assesses, develops, and implements internal controls associated with claims payments and quality of file handling
- Recruits, retains and develops a highly motivated and accountable team
- Always advocates for talent and builds capabilities to ensure strong leadership and technical talent
- Provides expertise to team in reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing and adjusting claims
- Willingness to be flexible with members of their team in multiple states and time zones
What we're looking for.
- Significant claims experience required
- Familiar with CCC Portal, Estimates, Valuations
- Strong appraising and/or leadership experience
- Strong technical skills
- High sense of professionalism while remaining empathetic
- Familiarity with claims best practices
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to approach problems with an open mind
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
6 open positions
10 open positions
2 open positions
20 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
12 open positions
11 open positions
11 open positions
13 open positions
1 open position
5 open positions
6 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
3 open positions
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.