We’re hiring a Payroll Specialist in Columbus, OH
- Prepare, reconcile, validate and transmit both semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll.
- Process off-cycle payrolls for signing bonuses, relocation assistance, final paychecks, and coordinate the writing of manual checks with Accounting when necessary.
- Calculate & process garnishments, and adhere to all state and federal garnishment regulations and remittance requirements.
- Process accurate year-end reporting.
- Reconcile monthly payroll and benefit invoices.
- Establish and execute standard payroll controls to ensure compliance with external audits.
- Responsible for establishing payroll processing calendar and ensuring managers adhere to payroll close procedures.
- Grant system access to the time collection system and train new hourly workers and supervisors on the time collection system and our time clock policies.
- Maintain payroll records and supporting payroll documentation for all payroll changes and transactions, in accordance with all state and federal record retention requirements.
- Responsible for conducting routine data integrity audits of the payroll system.
- Prepare routine payroll reports and various ad hoc reports for Accounting and various managers.
- Prepare, reconcile, and submit 401(k) withholding and safe harbor contributions to 401(k) provider on a semi-monthly basis.
- Establish new payroll tax withholding accounts in various states and ensure compliance with remittance cycles.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Clearly and concisely answer incoming questions from employees regarding their pay.
- 2-4 years of prior payroll processing experience, preferably in a multi-state environment.
- Prior experience in an accounting role, or strong familiarity with standard accounting practices.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll and benefit taxation laws and regulations and the ability to ensure company compliance.
- Ability to create, establish and execute standard payroll controls, to ensure audit compliance.
- Prior experience registering for payroll withholding accounts in multiple states.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Prior experience with benefits reconciliation.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal payroll regulations.
- Strong work ethic.
- Experience with payroll and time collection systems.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Analytical in approach to problem solving and reporting.
- Strong computer skills
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
- Android Telematics Engineer
- Director of Engineering - Mobile Telematics
- Engineering Lead
- iOS Telematics Engineer
- Mid-Level Software Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Claims Auto Damage Appraiser - Level One
- Claims Auto Damage Appraiser - Level Two
- Claims Liability Examiner - Level One
- Data Analyst, Performance Marketing
- Director, Communications and Media Relations
- Director, Customer Insights & Analytics
- SEO/SEM Manager
- Data Analyst, Pricing
- Data Scientist
- Data Scientist, Telematics
- Insurance Pricing Auditor
- NLP Data Scientist
If you’d like to be a part of what we are building but don’t see an opening that suits you, email us at [email protected].