What you'll be doing.
- Accountable for complete investigation of claims suspected of fraud
- Acts as a Liason for the Claims Staff in fraud training, awareness, and investigation
- Proactively reviews files to identify potentially questionable claims
- Engages in learning opportunities to build knowledge of personal lines claims, court decisions impacting the claims function, current guidelines in claims function, and policy changes and modifications
- Provides input for continuous development of SIU and Claims best practices
- Interacts and communicates effectively with customers, peers, vendors, and managers.
- Provides technical claims recommendations in an effort to improve case outcomes
- Recommends potential product developments and process improvements
- Works with leadership developing and maintaining state fraud compliance plans
What we're looking for.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years SIU experience combating insurance/self-insured fraud with a focus on automobile injury and property damage claims
- Fraud Claim Law Specialist certification, Certified Fraud Examiner designation, CPCU designation, or other certification relevant to fraud investigation preferred
- Strong understanding and application of laws, statutes, and regulations specific to fraud handling
- High sense of professionalism while remaining empathetic
- Ability to approach problems with an open mind
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
6 open positions
4 open positions
12 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
8 open positions
5 open positions
11 open positions
3 open positions
10 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.