What you’ll be doing
- This role works across product, engineering, design, business development and analytics teams to define, build and evolve our policyholder experience.
- You’ll be a guiding voice on the team that's reinventing what it means to be insured and creating an experience that customers love.
- Your roadmap will be composed of new features and customer experiences, experimental enhancements to our existing features and engagement opportunities, and internal systems that power the intelligence used by our product features.
- The ideal candidate has experience working in a multi-stakeholder environment spanning internal teams and external partners, an analytical mindset to organize and lead a complex product portfolio, and well-honed product instincts to identify the right opportunities for customer experience and technology innovation through partnership collaborations.
- You have a consistent track record of successfully taking end-to-end business ownership, and building trust through open and clear written and verbal communication and follow-through.
- This role requires an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to lead effectively across functions.
What we’re looking for
- BA/BS in a STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) field or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years technology industry experience in a product management or related capacity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills demonstrated across executive and cross-functional audiences
- Demonstrated experience leading external partnership collaborations that have yielded tangible results
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to validate assumptions, recommendations, and decisions
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
6 open positions
4 open positions
12 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
8 open positions
5 open positions
11 open positions
3 open positions
10 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.