- Strong individual contributor with interest in growing a team of data scientists.
- Applying principled methods to quantitative insurance challenges in areas such as telematics risk scoring, pricing, reserving, and estimating customer lifetime value.
- Learning the required tools to get the job done, e.g. Python, R, Spark, SQL, etc.
- Building data processing pipelines to quickly iterate on research ideas and put them into production.
- Effectively communicating insights from complex analyses.
- Taking end-to-end ownership of problem domains and continuously improving upon quantitative solutions.
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative discipline with 5+ years of applying advanced quantitative techniques.
- Exceptional communicator and storyteller.
- Strong programming skills with experience using modern packages in R and Python.
- Demonstrated experience building, validating, and applying statistical machine learning methods.
- Knowledge of data science technical stacks
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
6 open positions
4 open positions
12 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
8 open positions
5 open positions
11 open positions
3 open positions
10 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.