What you’ll do.
- Identify areas of opportunity within the email program to maximize marketing efforts with a goal of driving conversion and retention within various steps of the customer lifecycle
- Build and optimize email marketing/push campaigns in our email service provider (ESP), Braze, ensuring correct audience segmentation and logic mapping
- Develop net-new strategies working in close partnership with Product Marketing, Marketing Strategy and the Lifecycle Marketing teams
- Create an email test agenda and roadmap for implementation as well as analyze performance. Document findings and recommend strategic next steps
- Maintain and improve upon existing email marketing documentation, working with the Sr. Manager of CRM, Product Marketing and Creative teams to ensure that we maintain a complete/up-to-date view of the full communication flow by customer segment
- Build new email designs and templates in CSS/HTML based on Product and Creative team requirements.
- Flag inconsistencies in new and existing email templates, support meeting brand standards while maximizing cross-device performance and accessibility
- Partner closely with creative partners to ensure that the planned strategy is clearly understood and share in performance successes/opportunities for continuous improvement
- Work with the larger Marketing Operations and Analytics teams to ensure that accurate data is being captured to support marketing strategy and results analysis
- Be a steadfast advocate for email best practices while continually scoping new technologies within the email landscape that support personalization and innovation
What will help you be successful.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Will be expected to develop a comprehensive understanding of our marketing automation capabilities within Braze and improve upon current processes.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS best practices preferred, aptitude to learn basic CSS/HTML/SQL in the first 30-days required.
- Excellent attention to detail. Works independently with exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Experience analyzing data and communicating findings to cross-functional stakeholders.
- 1-3 years of proven experience in a detail-oriented role strongly preferred.
- Experience with flawless execution of customer-facing email communications preferred (not required).
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
6 open positions
4 open positions
12 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
8 open positions
5 open positions
11 open positions
3 open positions
10 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.