We’re hiring a Director, Communications and Media Relations in Columbus, OH
Communications Strategy and Counsel
- Develop and execute a foundational communications strategy to support business objectives
- Establish long-term vision for the role of communications within Root and support with practical quarterly plans
- Proactively identify external brand building opportunities and risks that will naturally arise as the company grows and evolves.
- Develop and shape messaging that reinforces the Root brand and culture, and protects our brand reputation.
- Act as a senior counselor to c-suite executives and People team for internal and external communication
- Build strong, positive relationships throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with extended Brand, Marketing and Design teams to extend Root’s reputation and visibility across all platforms.
- Work with Root executives and key talent to establish, execute and maintain relevant thought leadership positions that enhance the company’s reputation among core stakeholders.
- Manage agency relationships and priorities as required to execute communications strategy.
External Messaging and Storytelling
- Partner with Chief Brand Officer to create consistency across all company communications.
- Evolve the corporate narrative for Root Insurance to help guide the company as it continues to grow at a fast pace, ensuring that Root remains differentiated in a fast-paced, constantly changing and highly competitive industry.
- Understand channels to reach current and potential stakeholders and build our story for each priority audience.
- Create high quality, persuasive, and strategic presentations as needed for executives.
- Build and execute a media and corporate communications strategy that will support both brand awareness and demand generation.
- Conceive and execute meaningful PR campaigns that are innovative, engaging and creative.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the communications landscape while maintaining the ability to plan for changes and keep Root connected to stakeholders as the environment evolves.
- Establish strong relationships with relevant journalists and media organizations.
- Be a spokesperson for Root and act as the key contact for media interviews with national, regional and local media outlets.
Internal & Employee Communications
- Establish an internal communications strategy that will support Root and its workforce as the company grows.
- Partner with the People team to create a platform for strategic employee communications at headquarters (and potentially new employees in other offices as the company continues to grow).
- Establish formal protocols for communicating with employees to help keep them informed and engaged.
Public Affairs & Community Engagement
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish a strategy for Root community engagement.
- Develop strong working relationships in Columbus/Central Ohio with key officials, organizations and regional leaders.
- Develop and lead a community engagement strategy to establish and maintain Root as a corporate leader in Columbus.
- Establish a robust issues management process and oversee any issues or crisis communication that is needed.
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
- Android Telematics Engineer
- Director of Engineering - Mobile Telematics
- Engineering Lead
- iOS Telematics Engineer
- Mid-Level Software Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Claims Auto Damage Appraiser - Level One
- Claims Auto Damage Appraiser - Level Two
- Claims Liability Examiner - Level One
- Data Analyst, Performance Marketing
- Director, Communications and Media Relations
- Director, Customer Insights & Analytics
- SEO/SEM Manager
- Data Analyst, Pricing
- Data Scientist
- Data Scientist, Telematics
- Insurance Pricing Auditor
- NLP Data Scientist
If you’d like to be a part of what we are building but don’t see an opening that suits you, email us at [email protected].