As a Senior Product Design Manager on the Distribution Team at Root you will
- Coach and mentor your team to help them achieve the best possible outcomes for their work, negotiate with their partners, and grow their skill sets.
- Build strong relationships with your counterparts—from product management, business development, engineering, and beyond—to ensure alignment and help guide and evolve our product development process.
- Apply human-centered design methodologies and marketing tactics while working collaboratively with customers and your partners
- Collaborate on product strategy and roadmaps, and craft a vision for our various distribution channels
- Facilitate good working relationships with stakeholders at our partner companies and understand their unique business objectives and customer needs.
- Show good judgment on when to invest in the long-term versus a fast and simple approach to a problem.
- Socialize your work to leadership and peers across the company, as well as stakeholders at our partner companies
- Demonstrate leadership on the wider Design team. Mentor, inspire, give feedback and model best practices and behaviors to others on the team.
- Learn and evolve. From leadership skills and design craft to research and industry market trends, you’re excited by the opportunity to challenge, grow, and learn new things.
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of experience designing digital products. 2+ years of experience in a people management role or equivalent leadership activities.
- Ability to lead and mentor designers.
- A customer champion and practitioner of human-centered design methodologies with a deep understanding of digital product development.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills; ability to collaborate with partners in marketing, product management, and engineering through the whole product lifecycle
- Experience working closely with cross-functional partners in engineering and product management.
- A self-starter who thrives in ambiguity, and can balance switching between strategy-level and pixel-level work.
- You can switch between the macro: big picture thinking of business and customer needs , and the micro: the specific moments of an experience and how it impacts what people do and feel.
- High attention to detail; comfortable independently multitasking and prioritizing projects in a fast-paced work environment.
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
6 open positions
4 open positions
12 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
8 open positions
5 open positions
11 open positions
3 open positions
10 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.