What you’ll be doing.
- Develop, implement, and maintain technology policies and procedures across the entire engineering organization.
- Lead the annual information security risk assessment and incorporate the results into GRC program improvements.
- Oversee internal technology control testing and gap assessments.
- Issues clear and concise reports, using data, technology and visualization tools to communicate results effectively
- Identifies root causes and provides management practical value-add solutions and recommendations
- Proactively informs senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and governance requiring prompt attention
- Partners with SOX control team on implementing and validating technology controlsTrack exceptions to the governance program and drives remediation planning
- Participates as necessary in all regulatory exams and other third-party audits
- Prepares and presents reports for Information Security leadership, the CTO, and Executive Management
What we’re looking for.
- Experience with building technology and information security control programs
- Active CIA, CISA, CRISC, CISM, or CISSP required
- Strong technology background highly valued
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Roll-up-the sleeves work ethic and “do-what-it takes” attitude to efficiently execute and drive for results in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a results-driven, fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional leadership skills; naturally collaborative, excels at influencing without direct authority
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
6 open positions
4 open positions
12 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
8 open positions
5 open positions
11 open positions
3 open positions
10 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.