What you’ll be doing.
- Manage Voice of the Customer research across different touch points within the customer journey, translating quantitative and qualitative data into actionable, high-quality insights.
- Lead the design of new VoC surveys for additional customer touch points as needed and maintain current VoC surveys to remain optimally useful to relevant business stakeholders and objectives.
- Quickly and accurately analyze data and translate findings to actionable insights, including consolidating data across various sources.
- Develop compelling reporting, socialization, and activation plans (including dashboards) that summarize research findings and illuminate customer experiences and problems, turning them into product suggestions and improvements for stakeholders across the organization.
- Collaborate with internal and external cross-functional partners to capture and automate data and insights across sources.
- Serve as a mentor to analysts on the research & insights team.
- Perform work independently without significant direction or instruction.
- Proactively understand business problems and work with stakeholders to identify the appropriate research solutions to address objectives.
Who we’re looking for.
- You have 3-5 years relevant experience in consumer insights, market research, or quantitative UX research with a strong analytical background. Experience working with Voice of Customer or CX programs and metrics (e.g., CSAT, NPS, etc.) preferred.
- You have a Bachelor's degree (required) or Master’s degree (preferred) in a quantitative, analytical, or research-oriented field.
- You have advanced knowledge of primary and secondary customer research methodologies, with your primary expertise being quantitative. Experience with experimental methods is a plus.
- You have proven success translating business needs into research projects that generate actionable insights.
- You’re skilled at research project management, such as vendor management, research design and execution, data analysis, and report writing.
- You’re an excellent listener and communicator with strong people and relationship management skills, including the ability to present complicated analytical material to a range of stakeholders with differing levels of technical expertise.
- You have high attention to detail and are comfortable independently multitasking and prioritizing projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- You’re a superior problem solver with the ability to independently identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- You have expertise in statistical software, such as R, SAS, and/or SPSS.
- You have expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- You’re proficient in a survey platform (Qualtrics preferred).
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
6 open positions
4 open positions
14 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
9 open positions
7 open positions
12 open positions
3 open positions
11 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.