As a Senior Product Designer on Root's design system team you will:
- Take the lead on defining how Root’s design system should grow and evolve to fit the needs of the team.
- Collaborate with the product design team to document our system today and establish new patterns and components as our customer experience evolves
- Consult with other product designers to ensure proper and effective use of the design system
- Collaborate with teams in brand and marketing to assure brand alignment across customer touch points
- Identify opportunities to improve and expand the system by understanding the ongoing needs of product and engineering teams
- Advocate for high quality UI, branding, and accessibility best practices
- Identify ways to improve the design system to help the entire design team work more efficiently and effectively
Qualifications that might make you a great fit for the role
- You have 5+ years of experience in interaction design, product design or related field
- You have experience working on or leading a design system team
- You’re a customer champion and practitioner of human-centered and service design methodologies with a deep understanding of digital product development
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in ambiguity, and can balance switching between strategy-level and pixel-level work
- You’re a systems thinker who loves establishing structure within complex information
- Passionate about accessibility and consistency in our visual language
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- You’re comfortable learning about complex workflows across multiple industries (telematics-based insurance, fleet management, retail, etc)
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
6 open positions
4 open positions
12 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
8 open positions
5 open positions
11 open positions
3 open positions
10 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.