We are looking for a Procurement Manager. In this role, you will support our business partners vendor relationships by driving consistency and optimization. This individual should be a highly analytical, forward-thinking advisor who will bring their procurement knowledge to our growing team. The perfect candidate will be comfortable working cross-functionally with business teams to guide and support our business partners through vendor procurement and management opportunities.
Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
How You Will Make an Impact.
- Oversees the development, planning and execution of vendor management strategies.
- Partners with the business to establish a vendor management framework, including optimizing for vendor performance.
- Implements a framework outlining contract process, type, reviews, authorization levels and approval process.
- Partners with business units to manage and optimize vendor contract pricing and relationships.
- Proactively identifies vendor opportunities and makes recommendations.
- Designs, creates and implements a well-rounded database of vendor information containing key contract terms for utilization across the company.
- Drives continuous innovation and improvement in procurement programs.
- Tracks and reports key functional metrics to manage vendor expenses and effectiveness in line with business objectives.
What You Will Need to Succeed.
- 5+ years demonstrated procurement experience, preferably in financial services and/or fast-paced technology environment.
- BS with analytical focus and/or procurement, supply chain, program management and/or relevant industry certifications.
- Tech savvy with a strong interest and proven success in vendor management.
- Approaches problem solving with natural curiosity, open-mindedness, and comfort with ambiguity.
- In-depth knowledge of contracts, invoicing and negotiation terms.
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
1 open position
Customer Service & Sales
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.