Root’s Claims Operations Analytics team is searching for a Claims Analytics Manager to lead operational reporting efforts within our Claims department. The Claims Operations Analytics team uses data, technology, and rapid innovation to optimize the efficiency of teams and the decision-making of leaders within our Claims department. This role focuses on building and maintaining performance dashboards and the related code base along with completing ad-hoc research requests. Analysts work closely with Claims leadership, data engineers, and Claims product teams, so strong technical skills, communication, and business acumen are a must!
If you love fast paced environments and using data to solve problems, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Collaborate with senior leaders from claims, product and data science to identify opportunities, define solutions, and set priorities
- Mentor and guide analysts to successfully define methodologies, scope deliverables, and ensure quality
- Represent analytics in various cross functional meetings with senior leaders
- Regularly communicate business recommendations to senior decision makers and support/defend methodology and findings
- Develop and train analysts on analytics best practices: SQL, testing methodology, statistical techniques, presentation of results, etc
- Design and implement new processes to optimize the performance of the team
- Act as a player-coach: you’ll be expected to conduct some research and reporting for senior leadership as needed
- Responsible for hiring, onboarding, performance reviews and terminations
What You Will Need to Succeed
- Exceptional leadership skills; naturally collaborative, excelling at influencing without direct authority
- Quantitative mindset, ideally with a strong technical background and education (degree in a quantitative area such as computer science, applied mathematics, econometrics, or one of the physical sciences a plus)
- 4+ years of analytics experience within auto insurance (preferably Claims)
- 1+ years managing a team
- Ability to influence as a leader in a cross functional environment
- Superior critical thinking, problem solving, and business acumen
- Strong ownership mentality - track record of proactively identifying opportunities and leading strategic planning
- Proficiency with SQL & Tableau
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.