As a Claims Operations Specialist, you’ll play a critical role in enforcing the fundamental fairness on which our company was founded. You’ll be supporting one of the largest teams within the company by allowing them to be highly efficient in their roles. Our goal is to leverage technology, data, and a team of highly talented people to build a claims experience that is recognized as number 1 in the industry.
This role requires being in office in Columbus, OH
What you'll be doing.
- Follow established workflows and assist with their maintenance
- Open and sort incoming mail and triage to associated party
- Submit outbound mail packages to external customers and business partners
- Review inbound recovery payments and log entries into the claims dashboard
- Manually enter claim data and create records/documents/attachments where needed
- Utilize third party applications to retrieve relevant information for claim handling when requested
- Prepare correspondence and may deliver or initiate routine correspondence
- Support claims team with various projects and duties and provide adhoc assistance as needed
- Assist business partners with inquiries around financial transactions and other necessary information
- Transcribe recorded statements accurately and efficiently
- Witness documents as notary public to support the claims department
What we're looking for.
- 1+ years of experience in an office environment
- 1+ years of experience in claims environment
- High school diploma/GED required
- Ability to work full time in the office required
- Successful history of smart time management, multi-tasking and customer-facing communication
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google (Gmail, Docs, Sheets)
- High sense of professionalism while remaining empathetic
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to approach problems with an open mind
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Communicates and collaborates effectively in a matrixed environment
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and effectively prioritize work
- Ability to handle ambiguity and quickly adapt when changes occur
- Flexibility and comfortable handling multiple different tasks at once
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
2 open positions
1 open position
Customer Service & Sales
2 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.