Root is looking for a detail-oriented Treasury Analyst to support Treasury operations including cash management, banking, investments, and controls. The ideal candidate will have an affinity for process and documentation, and a passion for continuous improvement and risk management.
We are looking for someone who is thought-provoking and is willing to tackle new challenges in a fast-paced environment. The analyst will interact with various cross-functional members and departments within Root, while also being a point of contact for external third parties including banks, investment managers, and auditors. This role requires excellent organizational, communication, and collaborative skills to drive results within the Treasury department that support the fast growth of Root.
What you'll be doing.
- Maintain and execute daily cash positioning, provide activity analysis, and generate related reporting for management
- Own execution of daily cash transactions including wires, ACH, and both internal and external cash transfers
- Assist with all bank account management functions and relationships -- maintaining signature authorities, opening/closing of accounts, adding account services, knowing your customer (KYC)
- Operational liaison to banks related to claims payments, fees, payment inquiries, corporate credit card programs, and fraud control
- Own Treasury month-end reporting and analysis and provide deliverables required for accounting close
- Document, enhance, and enforce treasury policies and procedures that are consistent, repeatable, and scalable
- Maintain compliance with SOX, insurance regulators, and internal control policies and support internal and external audit reporting, monitoring, documentation, and execution
- Identify and support ad-hoc opportunities for improvement in Treasury operations
What we're looking for.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or another quantitative related field.
- 1-3+ years of Treasury, banking, financial, or equivalent experience
- Experience in financial services or other regulated entities a plus
- Attention to detail, strong problem solving, and desire to continuously improve processes
- Proactive self-starter who has a desire to broaden Treasury skill set and knowledge
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with rapidly evolving challenges
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and suite of Microsoft Office products
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
2 open positions
2 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
2 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.