Root is seeking a Finance professional willing to roll up their sleeves and tackle a wide array of business problems through rigorous analysis and effective communication. As a Business Analyst on the Root Finance Team, you will play an integral role in establishing best practices around strategic capital deployment, financial modeling, forecasting, and in-depth ad hoc analysis. You will work to build strong cross-functional relationships, drive strategic insights, and provide key decision support. Your recommendations to those at the senior level will have a direct impact on the direction of the business. The right candidate will be intellectually curious and eager to add value in a fast-paced Finance environment.
What you’ll be doing.
- Partner cross-functionally to help translate company strategies into financial goals
- Perform financial analysis that aids in the decision-making process and helps improve the profitability of our current business as well as adequately assesses new business opportunities
- Build & maintain robust financial modeling tools to analyze current business performance, effectively communicating performance to business partners, ultimately driving business growth and profitability
- Proactively look for ways to better understand business performance, leveraging new information to help improve visibility into key performance indicators and forecasting accuracy
- Establish strong partnerships with business leaders and play a leading or critical role on cross-functional teams for key projects and analysis
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with business partners
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis in support of strategic initiatives
What we’re looking for.
- 3+ years of work experience in Finance or finance-related function - a background in Strategic Planning, Management Consulting, Private Equity or Investment Banking is preferred
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or a related quantitative field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience building sophisticated financial models from scratch, in Excel or in other planning applications
- Proven ability to effectively communicate complex financial concepts, analytical outputs, and business recommendations to a senior leadership audience
- Great attention to detail
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Innate desire to continuously explore, learn, and exercise intellectual curiosity
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
1 open position
2 open positions
1 open position
Customer Service & Sales
2 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.