At Root, we’ve reimagined car insurance to make it smarter, more equitable, and a better experience for all. Using technology we’re building an industry leading company from our telematics-based pricing to our AI-powered internal claims system.
Building out a technology-backed claims organization is core to our business model. Auto claims are a combination of customer support, forensic investigation, logistics, medical assessment, legal negotiation, and auto damage appraisal. It’s a fascinatingly deep space, ripe for numerous technology-based innovations. But most insurance companies are stuck in a web of antiquated systems and integrations, leaving their claims innovation as stagnant as the insurance industry at large. At Root, we built our own claims system leveraging our technology differentiation, with a modern tech stack and driven by AI.
As a Senior Product Manager at Root, you’ll own the technology for the entire claims vertical. You’ll be responsible for product performance, facilitating stakeholder alignment, influencing the product vision and strategy, providing executive updates, developing a product roadmap, and executing strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate has a strong product vision, an analytical mindset, experience working with internal partners, and well-honed product instincts to identify opportunities and deliver solutions that unlock business and customer value. You have a consistent track record of successfully taking end-to-end ownership and delivering results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to lead effectively across functions.
Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you in working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
What you’ll achieve.
- You will innovate and improve Root’s product and drive profitable growth by developing and implementing new and complex technologies including customer-facing and internal software layered with AI and automation
- Guide and set priorities for engineers, designers, analysts, and data scientists to drive the full product life cycle, spanning ideation, design, implementation, testing, and iteration
- Work across functions to define product requirements and align stakeholders
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data from various sources to holistically understand and relentlessly improve product performance
- Partner with the leadership team to achieve organizational buy-in on key product efforts
What we’re looking for.
- 6+ years of business experience, 4+ years of product experience
- Product domain expertise spanning the customer discovery, planning, and product development process
- Experience integrating statistical or machine learning models inside of complex operational workflows
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills; naturally collaborative and able to work directly with a team as well as cross-functionally without direct managerial authority
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Detail-oriented; ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic and “do-what-it takes” attitude to efficiently execute and drive for results in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to thrive in a results-oriented, fast-paced work environment
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
4 open positions
2 open positions
4 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.