Onsite in Columbus, OH
IT Specialist Job Responsibilities:
Root is looking for a knowledgeable Information Technology Specialist to join our critical IT Team; the engine keeping our fast-paced organization moving. especially in our current, fully remote state. As an IT Specialist, you’ll support numerous teams within the company, ensuring peak productivity and working to efficiently resolve the wide variety of IT challenges our employees encounter on a daily basis.
You’ll be asked to push the boundaries of what you know, and continue to learn quickly as you coach and mentor employees to resolve their technological issues. We’re looking for someone with a passion for supporting the organization through a customer service mindset and automating wherever possible to create efficient, accurate workflows in a fast-paced work environment. Our goal is to leverage technology, data, and a team of highly talented people to support and maintain our end-user experience.
What you’ll do.
- Level 1 support including hardware support, imaging, troubleshooting
- Under minimal direction, provide technical support to end-users for client-side applications
- Identifies, locates, isolates, and resolves or repairs problems within scope of specialty - escalates as needed
- Identifies technology trends and provides reports/ recommendations to senior management for future technology needs/bug reporting and equipment needs of the team
- Resolves problems that have no documented solutions by drawing on past experiences and training
- Assist training team to develop user guides and document/address common issues
- Create or use an existing ticketing system to support and resolve technical issues for local and remote users
- Establish fixes for common issues to limit the number of tickets and downtime for end-users and works to develop a ‘knowledge base’ of these issues
- May interact with network services, software developers, product operations, and vendors to re-establish service by identifying and resolving problems
- Seeks feedback from new hires on the equipment and setups (local and remote) and responds accordingly
- Works with remote teams to understand equipment needs offsite
- Assists in equipment exchanges when necessary
- Act as systems access admin for all claims-specific applications
What we’re looking for.
- 1+ years of experience in an office environment, specifically in an IT/help desk role
- Comfortable working on both Mac and PC platforms to effectively image, troubleshoot, and solve problems of varying levels of complexity in a remote environment
- Experience working with ServiceNow
- Able to train and mentor both peers and internal customers to resolve IT issues whenever possible on their own
- A thorough understanding of enterprise management technology for Windows and Macintosh platforms
- Must be detail-oriented, able to multitask, and excel in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must be able to meet deadlines, work with a sense of urgency and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and quickly adapt when changes occur
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
1 open position
Customer Service & Sales
2 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.