At Root, we’re doing things differently. We’ve reimagined the car insurance industry to make it smarter, more equitable, and a better experience for all. Using technology in smartphones, we’re able to measure driving behavior to give our customers the prices they deserve.
Consumer behavior is noisy and difficult to interpret. This difficulty often leads to treating consumer preferences as a black box - unintelligible to all but a handful of visionaries who "know" what customers want. At Root, we don't believe in black magic. However, we do believe in leveraging structured thinking and constant iteration to create products that customers love.
As a Senior Product Analyst, Claims, you will be an advocate for informed, data-driven decision-making to help us interpret our customers' behavior and create/monitor dashboards that will help us analyze operational trends. This role will report to the Manager, Claims Analytics.
Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
What you’ll be achieve.
- Assist product owners in defining the roadmap for a specific area of the business
- Define and own metrics that capture the spirit of business objectives as closely as possible
- Leverage data to generate insights about customer preference and experience
- Independently scope and prioritize analytics projects from end-to-end; ask the right questions, track down necessary data sources, analyze findings, and present opportunities to the team
- Design and evaluate A/B experiments to measure the success of product features
- Work with engineers and other analysts to improve the structure and quality of data in the data warehouse
- Distill and communicate technical findings to business stakeholders
- Provide guidance to less experienced analysts
What we're looking for.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field
- 3+ years of analytics or data science experience in a business or academic environment
- Demonstrable experience teaching or explaining technical results and concepts to less technical audiences
- Experience writing and validating complex SQL queries
- Familiar with the basics of dimensional modeling, data warehousing, and version control
- Experience applying statistical techniques to business problems: linear and logistic regression, decision trees, confidence intervals, p-values
- In-depth knowledge of experimental design and A/B testing
- Familiarity with a scripting language (i.e.Python or R)
- Proficient in Tableau or other business intelligence tools; adept at building intuitive and insightful visualizations
- Proven ability to execute on projects quickly; "get things done" mentality
- Unabashed question asker; willing to learn new skills for the task at hand
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
4 open positions
2 open positions
4 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.