At Root, we’re doing things differently. We’ve reimagined the car insurance industry to make it smarter, more equitable, and a better experience for all. Using technology in smartphones, we’re able to measure driving behavior to give our customers the prices they deserve.
Consumer auto insurance is a competitive industry, and providing a world-class customer experience is essential to differentiate ourselves from the competition. This team lives at the heart of our promise to “unbreak” auto insurance and deliver that world-class experience. Our product analytics team works alongside product owners, designers, and engineers to ideate, analyze, test, and decide how to improve our product offerings at Root best. As a Lead Product Analyst you will heavily influence our roadmap and provide mentorship to junior analysts on the team.
Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
What you'll achieve.
- Define and own metrics that capture the spirit of business objectives as closely as possible
- Research loosely defined problems and identify areas of opportunity for the team
- Partner with our product management team to define the product roadmap
- Ensure the team is conducting A/B tests in a thoughtful, deliberate manner
- Mentor junior analysts on best practices and how to decompose complex problems
- Foster an attitude of ownership mentality within the team
What we're looking for.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field
- 5+ years of analytics or data science experience in a business environment
- In-depth knowledge of experimental design, A/B testing, and statistical techniques
- Ability to explain technical concepts to less technical audiences
- Relentless focus on customer experience and its impact on business outcomes
- Comfort in challenging the status quo and ability to influence key stakeholders
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment; prioritize and execute on projects the most critical projects
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
4 open positions
2 open positions
4 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.