At Root, we’re doing things differently. We’ve reimagined the car insurance industry to make it smarter, more equitable, and a better experience for all. Using our process and technology, we’re able to make our claims and customer support services quick and simple for our policyholders.
As an Operations Analyst, you will own the measurement and reporting process for our claims operations team and customer service operations team, and work closely with leadership to ensure valuable insights are communicated quickly. The team is committed to continually providing value-adding insights to support and improve Root’s customer support operations. If you enjoy working quickly and learning even faster, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
What you’ll achieve.
- Define, communicate, and review operational metrics to measure performance and identify issues
- Build and maintain a suite of dashboards and their supporting data structure
- Maintain and evolve staffing models to reflect a constantly changing business environment
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and quantify impacts of possible changes
- Summarize technical findings into business recommendations
- Work with operations managers and other analysts to drive business results
- Constantly develop your analytical skills
What we’re looking for.
- Proficient in SQL and data visualization software (Tableau preferred)
- Analytical mindset with high attention to detail
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated success learning and growing on the job
- Exposure to insurance (especially claims) or customer service operations
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
1 open position
4 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
2 open positions
7 open positions
30 open positions
4 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.