Root is seeking a data-driven, customer centric marketer with a passion for driving customer activation, engagement and retention. You will design and implement tailored omnichannel lifecycle marketing strategies to onboard, engage, and expand customer relationships, growing new acquisition revenue and customer lifetime value. This is a highly cross-functional position that requires someone skilled at strategic thinking, influencing, and executing to hit aggressive marketing objectives and business results.
The ideal candidate will be customer-obsessed and have experience managing and optimizing multi-channel programs, specifically around email, SMS and push notifications. You will identify priority audience targets and KPIs, and deliver initiatives that create personalized experiences, matching offerings to customer needs to maximize both response and value. You will drive revenue via actionable customer insights and by improving every customer touchpoint within the overarching customer journey. This individual must excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and have a proven track record of developing and driving initiatives that deliver business results.
Reports to: Sr. Manager of CRM & Customer Experience
What you'll be doing.
- Key areas - Understands the nuance of the marketing mix and when/how to leverage each channel:
- Email: Experience with Email Service Providers (ESPs), database segmentation queries and triggered customer journeys. Able to write clear requirements for development resources to follow.
- SMS: Familiarity with SMS best practices (inclusive of TCPA compliance) and how to leverage this channel to enhance customer experience and retention.
- App Push: Demonstrated ability for creating relevant and timely push and in-app notifications that foot to a broader lifecycle strategy.
- Develop net-new and optimize existing Root customer lifecycle journeys and strategic initiatives for each stage of the customer journey, including onboarding, engagement and retention - working closely with Product, Brand Marketing and Creative.
- Create and refine effective programs that leverage customer data, and include a mix of triggered, targeted and broad awareness campaigns.
- Create and maintain a customer lifecycle test agenda and roadmap for implementation as well as analyze performance. Document findings and recommend strategic next steps.
- Maintain and improve upon existing lifecycle marketing documentation to ensure that we maintain a complete/up-to-date view of the full communication flow by customer segment.
- Partner closely with creative partners to ensure that the planned strategy is clearly understood and share in performance successes/opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Work with the larger CRM Marketing Operations and Analytics teams to ensure that accurate data is being captured to support marketing strategy and results analysis.
- Be a steadfast advocate for CRM best practices while continually scoping new technologies within the email, SMS and push landscape that support personalization and innovation.
What we're looking for.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies. Will be expected to develop a comprehensive understanding of our marketing automation capabilities within ESP and improve upon current processes.
- Experience implementing, tracking and optimizing customer journeys across multiple marketing channels, as well as a web/app Product experience. Familiar with marketing technology that allows seamless integration across channels/tactics.
- Proven track record of delivering business results, with a history of rapid testing to drive optimal performance. Understanding of how to gather insights from program performance and develop recommendations to drive measurable improvement in results.
- Expert collaborator who thrives in matrixed environments. Able to easily switch context based on audience, translate needs from one team to another, and influence stakeholders to achieve alignment.
- Excellent attention to detail. Works independently with exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Experience analyzing data and communicating findings to cross-functional stakeholders.
- 5-7 years of proven experience in a detail-oriented role strongly preferred.
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
1 open position
4 open positions
3 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
2 open positions
8 open positions
30 open positions
1 open position
4 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.