At Root, we’ve reimagined car insurance to make it smarter, more equitable, and a better experience for all. Using technology in smartphones, we’re able to measure driving behavior to give our customers the prices they deserve.
The Pricing team uses data, technology, and rapid innovation to develop pricing strategies that maximize profitable growth. The team is responsible for turning raw data into compelling stories that generate actionable insights, so strong technical skills, communication, and business acumen are a must.
If you love fast paced environments and using data to solve problems, this may be the perfect opportunity for you. This role will report to the Pricing Analytics Manager.
Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
What you'll achieve.
- Analyze pricing performance to synthesize actionable insights that will help define strategies to achieve profitable growth
- Communicate recommendations with data-driven support to senior leaders, both written and orally
- Conduct pre and post-deployment impact analysis to quantify the success of new strategies and pricing implementations
- Work with data scientists to build predictive models for retention, conversion, loss ratios, and bound premiums
- Mentor junior analysts to further develop soft skills and technical competencies
- Assist the analytics manager in auditing and reviewing work of junior analysts
- Assist in the interview process and onboarding of new analysts
What we're looking for.
- 3+ years of work experience in analytics (preferably pricing or insurance related)
- Proficiency with SQL and BI software (R and/or python experience preferred)
- Analytical mindset
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking
- Superior written and oral communication skills
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
4 open positions
2 open positions
4 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.