The Workday Analyst position is primarily responsible for partnering with the Senior HRIS Lead to support and maintain the HRIS system, Workday in addition to supporting other systems supported by the HR department. This role serves as a technical point-of-contact for Human Resources and assists with enhancing current configuration, building new configuration, ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing, and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. Responsible for creating HR reports, modeling, and projections that provide valuable insights to company leaders and aid in their decision-making process.
What you will be doing.
- Evaluates and recognizes the organization’s internal business needs and identifies opportunities to best utilize the HRIS system to solve challenges and streamline processes. Makes recommendations and works diligently with the Senior HRIS Analyst and internal partners to provide solutions to meet system and business needs while consistently seeking ways to remove administrative effort from front end users. Documents processes for administrators and end users.
- Maintains HRIS system including configuration and design, maintenance, testing, and other related functions.
- Provides support for Senior HRIS Analyst including researching and resolving system problems, performing scheduled activities, and recommending solutions or alternate methods to improve workflow.
- Designs, maintains, and supports a variety of complex reports and queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Develops standard and ad hoc reports to meet ongoing customer needs. Maintains data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and assists with internal and external auditor inquiries and resolution of any issues encountered.
- Performs meaningful analysis and provides analysis and reporting to management to serve as a tool for decision making. Uses analytical rigor to interpret quantitative and qualitative information and draw conclusions in a logical, systematic way to present recommendations to management.
- Participates and leads special projects to improve efficiency within the department by utilizing the HRIS system. Recommends process improvements, innovative solutions, and procedure changes to management.
- Builds and cultivates strong and effective working relationships with HR Business Partners, Payroll, and Benefits and other internal customers.
- Participates in HR departmental goals, objectives, and projects to ensure an effective, sustainable, people strategy over the long-term.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
What you should have.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer information systems or related field and three (3) to five (5) years of related systems or analyst experience preferred.
- Experience with Workday software.
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical, data mining, and project management skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people across the organization through all channels including written, verbal, and non-verbal communication.
- Strong initiative in the development and timely completion of projects and deadlines.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Strong leadership skills, exhibits sound and ethical judgment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills. Advanced Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, lookups, etc.)
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills with ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able and willing to continue personal development.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities.
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
1 open position
4 open positions
3 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
2 open positions
8 open positions
30 open positions
1 open position
4 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.