- Deep understanding of technologies used in our stack, client-server architecture, and web technologies
- Ability to architect complex, high-scale web applications and data solutions
- Incorporates testing and thinks about reliability as a natural part of delivering working software
- Experienced with several programming paradigms
- Expert-level knowledge of databases, SQL, and version control tools
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure and devops
Planning and Execution
- Plans and completes large and complex multi-person or multi-team projects
- Foresees issues and requirements for large projects and features
- Thinks critically about work to guarantee business functionality. Internalizes business goals in their technical decision making.
- Can break down large initiatives into incrementally implementable deliverables and coordinate them across multiple engineers and teams
Working with Others
- Provides effective and accurate technical feedback in code reviews
- Able to work across teams to tackle complex issues
- Mentors and grows the engineers around them
- Works with product owners, analysts and other functions to move company’s priorities forward
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
Customer Service & Sales
8 open positions
6 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.