- The Instructional Designer will oversee the process for analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of learning and development programs.
- This is a collaborative role, where you will identify the wants and needs of various stakeholders and at times, present points of view that persuade others to shift their thinking and action to enable them to achieve their desired learning objectives.
- You will research best practices and methodologies in the field and scale these solutions throughout the organization. We are looking to you to establish productive relationships with the vertical business leaders, thus enabling you to anticipate and fulfill the unique learning needs of each business unit.
- In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring a best-in-class experience for all learners by bringing a wealth of knowledge and best practices on instructional design, digital, blended and social learning as well as measuring performance improvement. You will have the opportunity to meet the unique needs of our customers by possessing an in-depth understanding of each business line.
What you'll be doing.
- Assess individual department learning needs and develop quality interactive training documents and/or blended learning outcomes (such as eLearning, videos and podcasts) for corporate-wide implementation
- Follow current instructional design methodologies that include needs analysis, design, development, testing and deployment cycles
- Participate in the ongoing design and integration of onboarding and job skills into a curriculum for each main job function within sales, service and systems integration
- Research and identify the best emerging instructional and web technologies for delivering training content within a diverse, worldwide organization, including individual training, group instruction, online, and workshops
- Select or develop teaching aids such as operating procedures, training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, or tutorials
- Work closely with internal and external subject-matter experts throughout the organization to validate training deliverables and learning solutions
- Create and maintain the resources to support internal and external learning programs outlined in the corporate learning plans
- Maintain an L&D project log by adding, updating, and completing all entries that pertain to documentation assignments requiring instructional design or eLearning
- Develop assessments to accommodate learning that measure progress and training effectiveness; make recommendations for improvement
- Responsible for updating and maintaining learning content in the current Learning Management System
- Collaborate and provide mentoring for L&D team members
What we're looking for.
- BA/BS in Instructional Design, Education, Adult Learning or related field required; specialized training in instructional design methodologies required
- 5+ years instructional design and project management experience; web-based training design or other related field preferred
- Demonstrate experience creating high-quality, high-impact, professional learning & development content
- 4+ years demonstrated experience leveraging modern Learning Management Systems
- Familiarity with tools including LMS, Content Management Systems, Assessment Engines and Web Applications; strong knowledge of authoring technologies, design tools, and multimedia applications, such as Articulate, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier, Microsoft SharePoint, CSS, HTML, JAVA script, XML, SCORM
- Experience operating in a complex matrix business environment
- Direct, recent experience with e-learning development standards, curriculum design, training methodologies, and online education
- Strong platform and interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of the organization; excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write clear, concise and creative training documentation
- Strong Project Management skills and the ability to plan, organize and successfully coordinate multiple priorities to meet all deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to conduct research into course development and delivery concepts, as well as technical software issues
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive matters with discretion
- Ability to accept and provide constructive feedback in a professional manner
- Positive attitude, attention to detail and customer service focus
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
1 open position
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
2 open positions
12 open positions
2 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
2 open positions
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.