The Learning and Development Director will play a critical role in helping Root achieve its ambitious vision of building the infrastructure and programming required to support unparalleled career growth for employees across the company and will have the opportunity to shape our long-term learning development strategy.
The ideal candidate has expertise in program design, facilitation, adult learning theory, learning technology products, project management, and impact measurement. We are looking for an inclusive, creative thinker who can navigate tradeoffs in a fast-paced environment while keeping a laser focus on driving outcomes for learners and the business.
What you’ll be doing.
- Create and implement an overarching Learning Strategy through innovative learning and development solutions that cultivate a positive and inclusive workplace culture and employee experience.
- Build and design cohesive enterprise-wide learning programs including needs assessment, content development, facilitation, and implementation using internal and external resources
- Build and facilitate company’s leadership development program
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders, including People Business Partners and business leaders, to identify learning needs and design relevant, actionable solutions
- Design and launch systemic learning programs that encompass, early career, high potential, people leadership, and executive leadership development
- Support design and implementation of succession planning and key talent review processes across Root; partner with various HR leaders to execute talent succession and professional career development plans and programs
- Support the design and lead and direct the implementation of performance management strategy and processes
- Support planning and delivery of the career management strategy, including individual development planning, departmental career ladders, and integration of competency-based models
- Work collaboratively with leadership and management team to ensure individual development plans (IDPs) are in place for all key talent, high potentials, and succession candidates to enhance their ability to achieve goals and to assume increased levels of responsibility
- Leads oversight of specific technology solutions including the Company’s learning and performance management systems and continues to develop the infrastructure for all training and development programs by establishing standardized methods and procedures for development, delivery, evaluation, measurement, and reporting
- Be the spokesperson for Root’s learning and development agenda and collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to market and promote our programs and impact both internally and externally to build our employment brand.
- Identify success metrics and regularly report on progress and gaps.
- Assume the primary responsibility in the forecasting, determining, setting, and monitoring the learning departmental budget allocations
- Oversees the new employee orientation/onboarding process
What we are looking for.
- 5-7 + years of progressive L&D experience building, designing, and implementing enterprise-wide learning and development strategies, teams, and programs.
- Comfort with in designing and facilitating adult learning experiences across many contexts, including live sessions (in-person and virtual), peer-to-peer learning, self-paced programs, and more
- Experience leading a matrix learning organization, creating an enterprise learning agenda aligned with the purpose, strategy, and cultural transformation.
- Experience building learning consortium, elevating the learning profession, measuring and improving the impact of the collective learning community.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, in Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or a related field preferred.
- Extensive experience building innovative, forward-thinking learning strategies that contribute to a strong high performing learning culture.
- Data-driven individual who can identify metrics and KPIs to drive decision making and measure ROI.
- Experience designing, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data to determine the effectiveness of learning programs
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated success in influencing colleagues and stakeholders.
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
Customer Service & Sales
4 open positions
3 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.