As a Senior Content Designer Manager at Root, you’ll work as a discipline leader, people manager, and project contributor to deliver high quality and high impact products to our customers. As an individual contributor, you’ll collaborate with product designers, product marketing, product managers and engineers to craft and deliver simple and intuitive experiences to our customers.
As a discipline lead and people manager, you’ll lead the team that defines our product content strategy and uses language, voice and tone to find ways to help customers discover, understand and join Root. Content Design is a new discipline within the Product Design org and the ideal candidate will shape what it means and how it functions at Root.
Reports to: VP, Product Design
What you'll be doing.
- Coach and mentor your content design team to help them achieve the best possible outcomes for their work, negotiate with their partners, and grow their skill sets.
- Be willing to own and contribute directly to project work as the team scales; apply human-centered design methodologies to provide both strategic product direction and hands-on copywriting for product teams
- Participate in research and ideation as key input for content strategy
- Build strong relationships with your counterparts—from research to product design, product management, engineering, and beyond—to ensure alignment and help guide and evolve our product development process.
- Continually prioritize and help the team understand where to put their efforts.
- Show good judgment on when to invest in the long-term versus a fast and simple approach to a problem.
- Develop scalable language frameworks and coach teammates to upskill the team's overall writing skill set
- Partner with Design and Brand to evolve Root's guidelines and standards
- Learn and evolve. From leadership skills and content and copy craft to research and industry market trends, you’re excited by the opportunity to challenge, grow, and learn new things.
What we're looking for.
- 7+ years of experience in product/UX writing, content design, and/or content strategy that demonstrates positive impact to the end user and business. 3+ years of experience in a people management role.
- A customer champion and practitioner of human-centered design methodologies with a deep understanding of digital product development.
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, or equivalent design tools.
- Experience creating and applying style guides and related artifacts to help others write successfully
- You can switch between the macro: big picture thinking of business and customer needs, and the micro: the specific moments of an experience and how it impacts what people do and feel.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of content designers.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working closely with cross-functional partners in engineering and product management.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in ambiguity and can balance switching between strategy-level and pixel-level work.
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
2 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
5 open positions
1 open position
3 open positions
1 open position
8 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.