As an Injury Adjuster, you’ll play a critical role in enforcing the fundamental fairness on which our company was founded. You’ll be asked to push the boundaries of what’s required and to think critically as to what our customers want and how that best aligns with our product. Our goal is to leverage technology, data, and a team of highly talented people to build a claims experience that is recognized as number 1 in the industry.
What you'll be doing.
- Delivers an industry-leading claim experience for all policyholders and claimants
- Confirms coverage and determines liability for a wide range of accident scenarios
- Consistently makes prompt and courteous contact with every party involved in a claim
- Maintains and updates a diary/schedule for each claim in the adjuster's pending
- Responds to claim correspondence in a timely fashion with very high quality
- Obtains detailed accident descriptions from drivers, passengers and witnesses
- Coordinates the repair of damaged vehicles, and assists with rental reimbursement
- Sets and maintains a loss reserve for every claim in the adjuster's pending
- Utilize third party vendors to access and negotiate special and general damages
- Evaluates and settles non-severe and severe injury claims, including attorney represented parties
- Assign and direct Defense Counsel on the handling of litigated matters
- Provides input for continuous development of claims guidelines and best practices
- Recommends potential product developments and process improvements
- Interacts and communicates effectively with customers, peers, vendors and managers
- Engages in learning opportunities to build knowledge of personal lines claims, court decisions impacting the claims function, current guidelines in claims function, and policy changes and modifications
What we're looking for.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Successful experience handling personal auto insurance claims across multiple states where the applicant was directly responsible for coverage decisions, liability determinations, issuing payments, taking recorded statements, responding to correspondence, requesting authority from supervisor(s), and negotiating settlement of first and third-party bodily injury claims across multiple states
- At least 3+ years of experience handling first and third-party bodily injury claims
- Ability to obtain insurance adjuster licenses within 3 months
- Demonstrated high quality claim handling balanced with strong productivity
- Strong technical understanding of liability and casualty principles
- Aptitude to quickly learn and apply new concepts
- Coachable and committed to professional growth
- Experience managing complex personal auto claims through closure
- Viewed as a resource within team and functional area
- High sense of professionalism while remaining empathetic
- Familiarity with claims best practices required
- Curious in nature
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to approach problems with an open mind
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
7 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
7 open positions
1 open position
8 open positions
11 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.