We believe a large part of building an effective insurance company can be solved with a systematic, quantitative framework. We are committed to the rigorous development and effective deployment of modern statistical machine learning methods to problems in the insurance industry.
The Pricing R&D team is looking for a Principal Data Scientist to help improve and maintain our pricing models. In this role, you’ll be working alongside our Pricing R&D and Actuarial teams from ideation to deployment, rapidly researching and testing new, innovative approaches to loss cost modeling. The ideal candidate will have experience in Private Passenger Auto, with expertise in the research process, evaluation protocols, and post-deployment analyses.
What you will do.
- Technical and thought leadership on the Pricing R&D team
- Continuous improvement of the predictive power of our loss cost models
- Development of rigorous pre and post-deployment frameworks
- Constantly search for new predictive rating elements
- Maintain and enhance the quantitative pipeline required for quickly moving proofs-of-concept into production
What we're looking for.
- 5+ years of applying advanced quantitative methods to pricing P&C insurance products, with a preference towards private passenger auto
- Strong, demonstrated experience building, validating, and applying statistical machine learning methods.
- Strong programming skills with experience using SQL and modern packages in R.
- Experience with large-scale analytics on AWS platforms
- Exceptional communicator and storyteller.
- Data science maturity
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
2 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
5 open positions
3 open positions
1 open position
1 open position
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.