We believe a large part of building an effective insurance company can be solved with a systematic, quantitative framework. We are committed to the rigorous development and effective deployment of modern statistical machine learning methods to problems in the insurance industry.
We're looking for a Data Scientist to help build and evaluate our pricing models to enhance our risk segmentation. Working alongside a combination of actuaries and data scientists, you'll leverage modern statistical techniques to build on our pricing capabilities and more accurately segment our customers. You'll also establish KPIs to explain model performance, communicating findings and trends to key stakeholders across the business.
What you'll be doing.
- Build and evaluate pricing models and risk segmentation plans
- Enhance evaluation pipelines to translate model results into KPIs
- Leverage internal and external data sources to engineer novel features to enhance risk segmentation
- Build data processing pipelines to quickly iterate on research ideas and put them into production
- Take end-to-end ownership of problem domains and continuously improving upon quantitative solutions
What we're looking for.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline and/or 3+ years of applying advanced quantitative techniques to problems in industry
- Actuarial pricing experience preferred
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of topics such as bayesian statistics, machine learning, and numerical optimization
- Exceptional communicator and storyteller
- Strong programming skills with experience using modern packages in R and Python
- Demonstrated experience building, validating, and applying statistical machine learning methods to real world problems
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
2 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
5 open positions
3 open positions
1 open position
1 open position
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.