Consumer behavior is noisy and difficult to interpret. More often than not, this difficulty leads to treating consumer preferences as a black box - unintelligible to all but a handful of visionaries who “know” what customers want.
At Root, we don’t believe in black magic. We do, however, believe in leveraging structured thinking and constant iteration to create products that customers love.
As a Product Analyst on the Claims team, you will be an advocate for informed, data-driven decision-making. You’ll partner directly with Product Managers to define high-level metrics and ensure that all initiatives will move those metrics. In this role, you'll utilize your advanced analytics skills to create compelling stories, drive strategies, uncover new opportunities, and provide recommendations required to improve Root’s operations.
What you’ll be doing.
- Assist product owners in defining the roadmap for a specific area of the business
- Define and own metrics that capture the spirit of business objectives as closely as possible
- Leverage data to generate insights about customer preference and experience
- Quantify the impact of potential product enhancements for engineering prioritization
- Propose and undertake advanced analytics research
- Work with engineers and other analysts to improve the structure and quality of data in the data warehouse
- Distill and communicate technical findings to business stakeholders
What we’re looking for.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field
- 1+ years of analytics or data science experience in a business or academic environment
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with a scripting language (i.e. Python or R)
- Demonstrable experience teaching or explaining technical results and concepts to less technical audiences
- Knowledge of basic statistic techniques; linear and logistic regression, decision trees, confidence intervals, p-values
- Familiarity with machine learning and data science concepts and an eagerness to implement them
- Proficient in Tableau or other business intelligence tools
- Proven ability to execute on projects quickly; “get things done” mentality
- Unabashed question asker; willing to learn new skills for the task at hand
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
7 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
7 open positions
1 open position
8 open positions
11 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.