What you'll be doing.
- Delivers an industry-leading claim experience for all policyholders and claimants
- Writes, reviews and/or issues payment for vehicle repairs or vehicle replacement
- Creates accurate vehicle repair estimates based upon owner-provided vehicle damage photos and other supporting documentation
- Reviews supplemental requests for additional repairs or parts usage
- Prepare total loss evaluations for policyholders and claimants
- Prepares salvage vehicles for auction and oversees the end-to-end salvage process
- Consistently makes prompt and courteous contact with every claim customer
- Maintains and updates a diary/schedule for each claim in the appraiser’s pending
- Responds to claim correspondence in a timely fashion with very high quality
- Coordinates the repair of damaged vehicles, and assists with rental reimbursement
- Provides input for continuous development of claims guidelines and best practices
- Recommends potential product developments and process improvements
- Interacts and communicates effectively with customers, peers, vendors and managers
- Engages in learning opportunities to build knowledge of personal lines claims, court decisions impacting the claims function, current guidelines in claims function, and policy changes and modifications
What we're looking for.
- 1+ years of successful experience handling insurance claims writing estimates, approving supplements, coordinating rental extensions, and negotiating final settlement of total losses
- Strong experience using CCC software in writing estimates, selecting parts, handling supplements and evaluating total losses
- Experience handling both drive-in appointments and field inspections
- Currently licensed in home state if your state requires an Adjuster or Appraiser License
- Ability to obtain and maintain insurance licenses in several states within three months
- Strong technical understanding of repair process and alternative parts options
- High sense of professionalism while remaining empathetic
- Familiarity with claims best practices required
- Curious in nature
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to approach problems with an open mind
- Able to attend Arbitrations or Hearings in your area
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
7 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
7 open positions
1 open position
8 open positions
11 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.