We’re looking for a driven and focused individual to elevate our growing Customer Service team. The ideal candidate will have a track record of working with Workforce Management, Continuous Improvement, and vendors to build a roadmap for projects and improve productivity. The Manager - Customer Service Work Force Management & Systems is responsible for overseeing Workforce, Project, and Vendor Management by collaborating closely with the Product Team, Engineering, and leadership. Given our rapid growth and customer-focused culture, the most successful candidate will be able to seamlessly step into our fast-paced environment and guide sound decision making that will set the tone for Root's relationships with our customers.
What you'll be doing.
- Play a leading role in designing and executing both short-term and long-term goals and for each of the individual divisions.
- Work with Managers, QA, Trainers, WFM and other stakeholders to actively identify areas for improvement and to continually optimize internal processes and workflows.
- Collaborate with the Product Team, Engineering, leadership, and select vendors and partners to build and maintain a roadmap describing the sequence and schedule of projects.
- Plan, track and manage key projects. Maintain communication plan with leadership.
- Plan and execute technology implementation efforts between vendors and internal business partners. In addition, coordinate training and communication efforts to team.
Management Information & Planning
- Utilize resources across the Operations and Product teams to build, maintain and continually improve reports and dashboards covering key metrics including but not limited to the following:
- Average Handle Time
- After Call Work Time
- Emails Per Hour
- First Time Final Response Rate
- Backoffice Productivity
- Coordinate the identification and selection of new vendors who can meet our current and future needs.
- Identify and define KPIs and SLAs for all partners and vendors.
- Utilize resources on the Operations Team and across the department to conduct a diligent audit of all invoices before payments are issued.
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices.
- Maintain and publish an organized, consolidated schedule of key dates in all vendor contracts; the schedule will also show all contractual and internal deadlines around invoice payments, audit deadlines and notice-of-contract-expiration.
- Build and maintains a database showing which associates hold licenses in which states. Identifies areas where we are under/over represented.
- Maintain a schedule of continuing education requirements and deadlines for all licensed employees across the department.
- Lead the Workforce Management Team to ensure optimal forecasting and scheduling practices are executed.
- Ensure the WFM Team is effectively monitoring real-time performance to re-evaluate intraday changes based on business needs.
- Partner with leadership to identify staffing trends and communicate outlier schedule performance for appropriate coaching.
What we're looking for.
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Call center experience
- Workforce management experience
- Experience with 6-Sigma and Kaizen techniques
- Strong example of taking personal initiative to drive change and improvement
- Working with ambiguity
- Strategic when considering the big picture
- Ability to gather and analyze data
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
7 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
7 open positions
1 open position
8 open positions
11 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.