At Root, we’ve reimagined car insurance to make it smarter, more equitable, and a better experience for all. Using technology in smartphones, we’re able to measure driving behavior to give our customers the prices they deserve. The BI team uses data, technology, and rapid innovation to develop data visualizations to accelerate business decisions. The team is responsible for turning data into high superior dashboards that generate actionable insights, so strong technical skills, communication, and business acumen are a must. If you love fast-paced environments and using data to solve problems, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
What you'll be doing.
- Translate ad-hoc requests into re-usable data products that scale to answer larger questions
- Work with business teams and Data Science to understand and scope new dashboards
- Develops robust data visualization products that clearly communicate ideas
- Defines and owns metrics that capture the spirit of business objectives as closely as possible
- Works with engineers and other analysts to maintain the consistency and reliability of the data warehouse
- Boils technical findings down into business recommendations
- Mentor other analysts on design, presentation, & data visualization tool usage
What we're looking for.
- 3+ years of analytics experience in a business environment
- Experience writing & validating complex SQL queries
- Strong attention to detail, coupled with a deep bias to action and a healthy dose of pragmatism
- Advanced Tableau knowledge or other business intelligence tools (QlikSense, Power BI)
- Experience gathering requirements and talking to users
- Proven ability to execute on projects quickly; get things done mentality
- Unabashed question asker; willing to learn anything needed to get things done
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
7 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
7 open positions
1 open position
8 open positions
11 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.