We believe a large part of building an effective insurance company can be solved with a systematic, quantitative framework. We are committed to the rigorous development and effective deployment of data science and machine learning methods to problems in the insurance industry.
Our Telematics team is looking for a senior-level Data Scientist to lend technical guidance, stretch the boundaries of existing paradigms, and challenge the status quo.
In this role, you will own fundamental research of new capabilities, e.g., in pricing, underwriting, claims, and customer experience. Telematics adjacencies are expected, but will not be a part of all tracks of research.
The ideal candidate will be curious, enterprising, and audacious, with a strong theoretical background in mathematics or statistics and a zest for cross-functional communication.
What you’ll achieve.
- Technical and thought leadership to the Telematics Data Science team
- Proof-of-concept research and rigorous value quantification
- Leading the progression of minimum viable products and production solutions, with the option to grow a team to assist with execution
- Application of deep theoretical consideration to existing capabilities and advise on improvements
What we’re looking for.
- 5+ years of applying data science and machine learning methods in a complex, multi-stakeholder marketplace
- Strong, demonstrated experience building, validating, and applying statistical machine learning methods
- Strong programming skills with expertise in Python or R
- Exceptional communicator and storyteller
- Demonstrable experience challenging the status quo and winning advocacy from technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry, a plus
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
7 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
7 open positions
1 open position
8 open positions
11 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.