As an SIU Investigator, you’ll play a critical role in enforcing the fundamental fairness values on which our company was founded. You’ll be asked to push the boundaries of what’s required and to think critically as to what our customers want and how that best aligns with our product. By collecting information, making recommendations for claims processes to iterate towards automation and further develop our app features, you’ll be helping to build and enhance an entirely new insurance experience from the ground up. This role is vital to Root’s success as we continue to grow rapidly and is largely responsible for our bottom line.
What you'll be doing.
- Accountable for complete investigation of claims suspected of fraud
- Acts as a liaison for the Claims Staff in fraud training, awareness, and investigation
- Proactively reviews files to identify potentially questionable claims
- Engages in learning opportunities to build knowledge of personal lines claims, court decisions impacting the claims function, current guidelines in claims function, and policy changes and modifications
- Provides input for continuous development of SIU and Claims best practices
- Interacts and communicates effectively with customers, peers, vendors, and managers.
- Provides technical claims recommendations in an effort to improve case outcomes
- Recommends potential product developments and process improvements
- Works with leadership developing and maintaining state fraud compliance plans
What we're looking for.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years SIU experience combating insurance/self-insured fraud with a focus on automobile injury and property damage claims
- Fraud Claim Law Specialist certification, Certified Fraud Examiner designation, CPCU designation, or other certification relevant to fraud investigation preferred
- Strong understanding and application of laws, statutes, and regulations specific to fraud handling
- High sense of professionalism while remaining empathetic
- Ability to approach problems with an open mind
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
7 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
7 open positions
1 open position
8 open positions
11 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.