What you'll be doing.
- Pricing Product Areas of Focus: Actuarial tooling, Insurance Product Implementation, Pricing Efficiency
- Work with a Product Director to build a strategy from the ground up for your area of focus
- Create, manage, and adapt product roadmap to meet quarterly objectives/KPIs
- Lead a team of engineers to drive the full product life cycle, spanning ideation, design, implementation, testing, and iteration
- Break down work into weekly sprints and ensure the team meets execution goals
- Build out analytics capabilities and perform ongoing and ad-hoc analysis to assess product performance and extract new product insights
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders in actuarial, data science, compliance, and customer conversion departments
- Leverage market expertise to build a competitor database for product benchmarking
What we're looking for.
- 6+ years of product experience
- Business experience in insurance, financial services, data driven technology companies, or similar preferred
- Product domain expertise spanning the discovery, planning, and product development process; deep understanding of customer-centric or insurance product practices
- Highly analytical; excel at leveraging customer research and analytics to drive product decisions
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Detail oriented; ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Roll-up-the sleeves work ethic and “do-what-it takes” attitude to efficiently execute and drive for results in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a results-driven, fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional leadership skills; naturally collaborative, excelling at influencing without direct authority
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
7 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
7 open positions
1 open position
8 open positions
11 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.