- You deeply empathize with customers.
- You are a thoughtful generalist.
- You solve business problems.
- You have strong opinions, weakly held.
What you'll be doing.
- Be actively involved with defining product strategy & roadmaps
- Apply human-centered design methodologies and design cohesive experiences
- Work cross-functionally with UX research, engineering, product, marketing, sales and leadership to shape product
- Collaborate with UX research to identify when and how to conduct user research studies and put insights into action
- Distill complex problems into easy to understand user flows and wireframes. Build interactive or motion prototypes to communicate experience
- Leverage our internal design system to create high fidelity designs that leverage established components and contribute back new components
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to bring your designs to market as A/B tests and at scale
- Socialize your work to leadership as well as peers across the company
- Learn everything there is to know about insurance and telematics
What we're looking for.
- You have 5+ years of experience in interaction design, product design or related field
- You’re a customer champion and practitioner of human-centered and service design methodologies with a deep understanding of digital product development.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in ambiguity, and can balance switching between strategy-level and pixel-level work.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- You’re comfortable learning about complex workflows across multiple industries (telematics-based insurance, fleet management, retail, etc).
- You’re naturally curious about new business and technology opportunities and shaping future product direction
- Comfortable designing products from MVP to ideal state with experience developing experiment driven work
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
2 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
5 open positions
1 open position
3 open positions
1 open position
8 open positions
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.