Root is searching for a passionate leader to manage our Product Analytics team, focusing on Conversion. You’ll leverage your experience conducting analytical research to directly manage and mentor a growing team of analysts. Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to design and implement processes to enhance efficiency and ensure scalability. This team is highly collaborative, so clear communication, organization, and the ability to lead and persuade a cross-functional group is critical. Our mission is to generate actionable insights and ultimately, provide business recommendations, so strategic thinkers with strong business acumen are preferred.
What you'll be doing.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, engineers, and data scientists to identify and execute strategies to maximize our customer conversion
- Synthesize clear scopes of work to appropriately quantify the impacts of newly proposed, or recently shipped, product features (metrics, methodology, deliverables, deadlines)
- Represent analytics in various cross-functional meetings with senior leaders
- Oversee the design and execution of AB tests
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of the team
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders to provide business recommendations, and support/defend methodology and findings
- Mentor analysts to develop both their technical skills (SQL, python/R, statistics, AB testing, research) and soft skills (communication, presentation, collaboration)
- Design and implement new processes to enhance the efficiency of the analytics team
- Own the monitoring of conversion KPIs and socialize findings and recommendations with leadership
- Responsible for hiring, onboarding, performance reviews, terminations, etc
What we're looking for.
- 5+ years of analytics experience (conversion or insurance analytics preferred)
- 1+ years managing a team preferred
- Clear and confident communication
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage stakeholder requests and expectations
- Superior critical and strategic thinking, problem-solving skills, and business acumen
- Proficiency with SQL required; Experience with R/Python/Tableau preferred
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
2 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
5 open positions
1 open position
3 open positions
1 open position
1 open position
Research & Development
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.