What you'll be doing
- Execute pricing initiatives including initial state-by-state roll-out and rate changes for auto and renters products
- Support rate filings and engineering implementations
- Use statistical models to develop rating plans and recommendations for pricing improvements (example: rate indications work, limit studies, etc)
- Build monitoring and reporting on new market metrics vs strategic goals
- Evaluate and analyze market data to make competitive strategic decisions
- Opportunities for growth with company into management or other more senior roles
What we're looking for
- 1+ years of P&C insurance experience in an actuarial role
- Demonstrable experience with R, Python or other modeling software packages
- Intermediate experience in SQL or other database software packages
What we'd prefer
- 2+ CAS/SOA exams
- Personal Auto/Home pricing experience
- Demonstrable experience building and validating predictive models (e.g. model selection, performance metric selection, cross-validation, bootstrapping)
- Rigorous statistical thinking within an alternative model framework
- Management experience (team, project, or product)
- Experienced candidates may be considered for team leadership role
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
6 open positions
4 open positions
12 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
8 open positions
5 open positions
11 open positions
3 open positions
10 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.