What you'll do.
- You’ll be the Marketing leader at the table with Product, Design, Sales, Account Management, Analytics, and Engineering at every phase of product development. You’ll be the expert, communicating the benefits of the product as you partner with Creative to execute on your Marketing roadmap to enable sales and deliver exceptional quality and achieve aggressive growth goals.
- Lead: Assess and prioritize strategy and implementation plans, balancing customer, partner carrier and Root benefits with cost and resource needs. Represent a business line with Product and Marketing Leadership. Engage and empower others, inspiring cross-functional teams (and future direct reports), excelling at relationship management. Establish and oversee scope of work for external agency and media plan. (Future: Hire, train, retain, and develop exceptional product marketers.)
- Explore: Leverage (and gather) insights to identify market opportunities. Bring key consumer and Root Marketing insights and learnings to the forefront of team discussions. Understand the broader internal and external consumer/customer context, ask good questions, and push strategic thinking. Partner with Product teams to influence the roadmap and departmental strategy. Establish Marketing KPIs and provide recommendations to the cross-functional team on opportunities to improve performance.
- Plan: Recommend value propositions, consumer experiences, and cross-channel marketing strategies, balancing customer and partner benefits with Root business, cost, and resource needs. Straddle the line of art and science, strategically considering ways to iteratively test, measure, and optimize the user experience (A/B & multivariate). Bridge Product initiatives and Marketing priorities, proactively connecting cross-functional teams from both directions. Maintain Product Marketing roadmaps.
- Execute: Refine and deliver on action plans, collaboratively with all relevant stakeholders. Provide guidance and direction on creative briefs and work side-by-side with Product Design, Sales, Engineering, and Marketing Creative leadership to guide the creation and delivery of assets across all phases of marketing, including lead generation and nurturing, conversion, customer communications, etc. Manage projects and timelines to deliver on time and with exceptional quality.
- Analyze: Establish program KPIs and provide recommendations to the cross-functional team on opportunities to improve business performance. Continuously optimize ROI over time through rapid experimentation and iteration.
What will help you be successful.
- 8+ years of experience launching and scaling marketing programs. Experience in B2B product marketing, independently leading strategic positioning efforts, and GTM strategy, and B2B sales strategy and best practices strongly preferred.
- Passion for driving business results, with expertise in designing highly effective (and efficient) multi-channel, lead generation, consumer acquisition, or lifecycle marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with in-house and agency creative teams, with an ability to drive marketing strategy and translate business marketing plans into clear and actionable creative requests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to edit technical copy as well as consumer focused..
- Able to think strategically with an understanding of holistic marketing planning and execution.
- Superior cross-functional collaboration skills. Able to easily context switch based on audience, translate needs from one team to another, and influence stakeholders to achieve alignment. Thrives in cross-functional/matrixed environments.
- Analytical thinker with experience in data-driven marketing. Able to independently analyze data, as well as partner with Analysts and Data Scientists to uncover deeper insights. Experience running A/B & multivariate testing is highly preferred.
- Comfortable creating structure from ambiguity; a highly motivated self-starter.
- Experience managing and motivating others, guiding others’ professional development.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or related field. MBA or graduate degree preferred.
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
6 open positions
4 open positions
12 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
8 open positions
5 open positions
11 open positions
3 open positions
10 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.