What you'll do.
- Develop and execute unique onboarding plans for insurance and non-insurance companies
- Identify process and organizational bottlenecks and leverage these opportunities to constantly improve efficiency.
- Conduct hands-on customer research to inform the product team when there is an opportunity to improve our offerings
- Maintain roadmap alignment between product, engineering, creative, and marketing to streamline customer onboarding.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition and leverage that expertise to drive innovation and improve our services to our customers
- Benchmark performance against industry standards and produce data-driven reporting for internal and external performance.
- Monitor trends in innovation to identify potential areas for engagement and improvement
- Understand the motivation, business drivers, strategic goals, and desired business outcomes for our customers.
- Responsible for all aspects of the customer journey beginning with onboarding through ongoing customer advocacy.
- Develop company-wide customer success processes and deliver ongoing initiatives to improve engagement approaches, product adoption, and client satisfaction metrics
- Maintain a cadence of communicating with customers from kickoff, implementation, client status calls, and Quarterly Business Reviews, building relationships throughout all levels of your customer’s organization.
- Address escalated client issues with speed and urgency, orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate
What we're looking for.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master's degree or equivalent is a plus.
- 6+ years of business experience, 4+ years of customer success experience
- Proven track record of achieving targets and goals, preferably in a sales setting
- Track record of leading technical conversations and persuading others to take action based on requirements and value provided by solutions
- Ability to create and deliver presentations with compelling messages to technology and business audiences; you are a natural, credible technology evangelist with experience in translating that passion into business impact for customers
- Significant customer-facing experience leading enterprise customers through business or technology transformations with large account/project management experience
- Integrity in all that you do, especially with customers while growing your account base
- Exceptional leadership skills; naturally collaborative and able to work directly with a team as well as cross-functionally without direct managerial authority.
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and innovatively.
- Detail-oriented; ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Roll-up-the sleeves work ethic and “do-what-it takes” attitude to efficiently execute and drive for results in a fast-paced work environment.
- Represent the voice of the customer to inform our sales process and product roadmap
- Ability to travel 30% time (When travel restrictions end)
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
6 open positions
4 open positions
14 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
1 open position
9 open positions
7 open positions
13 open positions
3 open positions
11 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
3 open positions
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.