What you'll be doing
- Create and implement an overarching Learning Strategy through innovative learning and development solutions that cultivate a positive and inclusive workplace culture and employee experience
- Build and design cohesive enterprise-wide learning and development programs including needs assessment, content development, facilitation and implementation using internal and external resources
- Partner closely with HRBP’s and Senior Leadership team to understand talent needs and help direct the design and development of programs to align with organizational goals and strategy
- Partner with content SMEs in the organization to design and deliver training content
- Design and launch systemic learning programs that encompasses, early career, high potential, people leadership and executive leadership development
- Support design and implementation of succession planning and key talent review processes across Root; partner with various HR leaders to execute talent succession and professional career development plans and programs
- Support the design and lead and direct the implementation of performance management strategy and processes.
- Support planning and delivery of the career management strategy, including individual development planning, departmental career ladders and integration of competency-based models
- Work collaboratively with leadership and management team to ensure individual development plans (IDPs) are in place for all key talent, high potentials and succession candidates to enhance their ability to achieve goals and to assume increased levels of responsibility
- Leads oversight of specific technology solutions including the Company’s learning and performance management systems and continues to develop the infrastructure for all training and development programs by establishing standardized methods and procedures for development, delivery, evaluation, measurement and reporting
- Be the spokesperson for Root’s learning and development agenda and collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to market and promote our programs and impact both internally and externally to build our employment brand
- Identify success metrics and regularly report on progress and gaps. Run like a business with clear demonstration of ROI and looking to shift investments to the highest priorities supporting our strategy
- Develop a framework for tracking effectiveness of trainings in all formats (self-learning, instructor led learning, virtual and remote learning, supplemental materials, interactive learnings)
- Assume the primary responsibility in the forecasting, determining, setting and monitoring departmental budget allocations required to meet organizational strategic objectives
- Oversees the new employee orientation/on-boarding process
What we're looking for.
- Experience leading a matrix learning organization, creating an enterprise learning agenda aligned with the purpose, strategy, and cultural transformation
- Experience building learning consortium, elevating the learning profession, measuring and improving the impact of the collective learning community
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in Education, Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or a related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience building, designing, and implementing enterprise-wide learning and development strategies, teams and programs
- Extensive experience building innovative, forward-thinking learning strategies that contribute to a strong high performing learning culture
- Data driven individual who can identify metrics and KPIs to drive decision making and measure ROI
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated success in influencing colleagues and stakeholders
- Workday experience, a huge plus
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
5 open positions
10 open positions
1 open position
18 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
11 open positions
10 open positions
12 open positions
11 open positions
1 open position
4 open positions
6 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
3 open positions
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.