What you’ll be doing.
- Partner cross-functionally to help translate company strategies into financial goals
- Establish strong partnerships with business leaders and their team, playing a critical role on cross-functional teams for key projects and analysis
- Build & maintain robust financial modeling tools and reporting to analyze current business performance, effectively communicating performance to business partners, ultimately driving business growth and profitability
- Perform financial analysis that aids in the decision-making process and helps improve the profitability of our current business as well as adequately assesses new business opportunities
- Proactively look for ways to better understand business performance, leveraging new information to help improve visibility into key performance indicators and forecasting accuracy
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with business partners
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis in support of strategic initiatives
What we’re looking for.
- 3+ years of work experience in Finance or finance-related function - a background in FP&A, Business Partner Finance, or Strategic Planning is preferred
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or a related quantitative field
- Experience in enterprise-class planning tools (e.g. Oracle PBCS, Anaplan, SAP) is required. Experience writing SQL queries and an understanding of data warehouse structures is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a proven ability to effectively communicate complex financial concepts, analytical outputs, and business recommendations to a senior leadership audience
- Extensive experience building sophisticated financial models from scratch, in Excel or in other planning applications required. Knowledge of Python, R, or other statistical analysis tools is a plus.
- Innate desire to continuously explore, learn, and exercise intellectual curiosity
- Great attention to detail
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
3 open positions
6 open positions
4 open positions
12 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
8 open positions
5 open positions
11 open positions
3 open positions
10 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
1 open position
Corporate Dev & Strategy
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to email@example.com.