What you'll be doing.
- Reviews the claims operations from point of assignment to file closure
- Identifies issues in claim handling and recommends viable solutions
- Provides input for continuous development of claims guidelines and best practices
- Recommends potential product developments and process improvements
- Establishes the infrastructure necessary to detect, investigate and prevent violations of the company’s claim handling guidelines, both internally and externally
- Assesses, develops, and implements internal controls associated with claims payments and quality of file handling
- Provides technical claims recommendations in an effort to improve case outcomes
- Provides analysis and reporting to claims operations and senior leadership in an effort to improve claim outcomes
- Presents results on trending and areas of opportunities as well as areas of excellence
- Develops relationships with various third-parties involved in the claim handling process and identifies areas of improvement
- Interacts and communicates effectively with claims leadership, business partners, and teammates
- Leverages analytical business functions, including actuarial and data science teams, to identify trends and opportunities to achieve favorable claim results
- Assists in KPI development that align with company objectives; monitor and reports results
- Engages in learning opportunities to build knowledge of personal lines claims, court decisions impacting the claims function, current guidelines in claims function, and policy changes and modifications
- Leads a team and provides development opportunities for direct reports
- Recruit, retain and develop a highly motivated and accountable team of experienced and developing claim liability professionals
- Always advocates for talent and builds capabilities to ensure strong leadership and technical talent bench strength
- Provides expertise to the team in reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing and adjusting claims
What we're looking for.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Continuous learning demonstrated by advanced certifications, industry specialization and/or claims programs
- 5+ years of increasingly responsible Personal Auto claims leadership experience, where the candidate was directly responsible for managing several direct reports who handled complex liability claims, including litigated claims
- 5+ years of successful experience resolving liability investigations, including complex investigations that involved multiple claimants, witnesses, and attorneys
- Strong technical understanding of liability and casualty principles
- Experience managing complex Personal Auto claims through closure, including claims that involved litigation and/or arbitration
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Communicates and collaborates effectively in a matrixed environment
- High sense of professionalism while remaining empathetic
- Familiarity with claims best practices required
- Curious in nature
- Great attention to detail
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and effectively prioritize work
- Ability to handle ambiguity and quickly adapt when changes occur
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to approach problems with an open mind
Get In Touch
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless. Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business. Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn. People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
5 open positions
10 open positions
1 open position
18 open positions
Customer Service & Sales
11 open positions
10 open positions
10 open positions
12 open positions
3 open positions
6 open positions
Research & Development
Business Dev & Strategy
3 open positions
Don’t see your job?
Send your resume and what you’d love to do to firstname.lastname@example.org.